Fax machines have been around for decades, but they still play a vital role in modern communication. Even though email and other digital communication methods have become popular, many businesses and individuals still rely on fax machines to send and receive important documents. Canon printers are known for their high-quality print and scan capabilities, and many of them also come with built-in fax machines. In this article, we will guide you on how to use a fax machine on a Canon printer.
How To Use Fax Machine On Canon Printer:
Here we provide simple steps to use a fax machine on a canon printer. These steps will help you to use the fax machine on a canon printer.
Step 1: Connect the Fax Machine:
The first step in using the fax machine on your printer is to connect it properly. Connect one end of the telephone cord to the printer’s fax port and the other end to a telephone jack or a telephone line. Make sure that the telephone cord is properly connected and secured.
Step 2: Set Up the Fax Settings:
After connecting the fax machine to the telephone line, you need to set up the fax settings on your Canon printer. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the Menu button on your Canon printer.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the Fax settings option and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the Basic settings option and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the Fax number option and press OK.
- Enter your fax number using the keypad on your Canon printer and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the Receive mode option and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the mode you prefer, either Fax only or Fax/Tel. If you select Fax/Tel, your Canon printer will automatically detect whether a call is a voice call or a fax call.
- Save your settings by pressing the OK button.
Step 3: Send a Fax:
Once you have set up the fax settings on your Canon printer, you can start sending faxes. To send a fax, follow the steps below:
- Load the document you want to fax face-down in the document feeder or face-up on the scanner glass.
- Press the Fax button on your Canon printer.
- Use the keypad to enter the recipient’s fax number.
- Press the Start button to begin sending the fax.
Step 4: Receive a Fax:
When someone sends you a fax, your Canon printer will automatically detect the incoming fax and start printing it. To receive a fax, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your Canon printer is turned on and connected to the telephone line.
- Wait for the incoming fax to start printing.
- After the fax is printed, you can retrieve it from the output tray.
Also, Check How To Use Fax Machine On HP Printer?
Using a fax machine on a Canon printer is a straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily set up and use the fax machine on your printer. Whether you need to send or receive important documents, using a fax machine on your Canon printer is a reliable and efficient way to communicate.